SwellWomen Rote Island Surf & Yoga Retreat
With Chris Ritchie ~ Trip Leader and Hildi Guiney ~ Yoga Instructor
July 19 - 25, 2020
Remote Island Paradise
Are you ready to step back in time? To be transported to the untouched? To the Indonesia that once was? This is Rote Island. It lies at the southernmost end of the Indonesian archipelago, and most who go report an uncanny sense of peacefulness and a slowing down of time. The Lonely Planet guide describes it as, “A slender limestone jewel, with powdery white sand beaches and epic surf” and the description is spot on. Most report Rote as “the way Bali used to be, decades ago”.
Nemberala Beach Resort is modern property amidst the turned back hands of time. Beautifully crafted with local quarried stone, exposed regional hardwoods, and traditional Rotenese alang roofs. The resort sits on the edge of the stunningly blue ocean, with a sunset to rival any in the world.
Book your bliss today & be transported back in time to the ultimate SwellWomen experience!
Your Surf & Yoga Retreat in Rote Island Includes:
- Six nights in the beautifully crafted villas of Nemberala Beach Resort, with incredible ocean views from every room.
- Four-plus meals per day (yes really, at least four!) from the infamous Nemberala Beach Resort Kitchen. The Resort boasts a daily menu featuring early breakfast, late breakfast, lunch, appetisers, dinner and desert.
- Coffee, tea and water. Adult beverages are not included.
- 5 x 2 hour surf lessons with professional, patient, and knowledgeable surf instructors. Options to take your lessons at multiple breaks ranging from complete beginner, to intermediate to highly advanced.
- Unlimited transportation to the more advanced surf breaks in front of the resort by boat, at any time of the day, as many times as you would like.
- Daily yoga classes that focus on opening and strengthening the muscle groups used for surfing & restoring the body after a day of surfing.
- Daily meditation, journal work and transformative exercises
- 2 x 60 minute massages designed to rejuvenate your surfing muscles and bring relaxation to the body. These can be enjoyed at anytime during the retreat. You may also book extra spa treatments at any time at the beautiful onsite spa
- 3 x day trips to be decided upon by the guests. Options include boat trips to uninhabited beautiful islands, snorkelling, tours around Rote to 1000 steps, farmers markets or palm sap forests, or stand up paddling and SUP Yoga in the mangroves
- Swag Bag including a Carve Designs SPF rash guard.
- One professional photo shoot capturing your surfing highlights. (Subject to availability of on-site photographer)
A Very Swell Sample Day
How do we fit so much into one day? By taking care of all the details so that you can truly enjoy your luxury holiday. The surfing time’s depend upon tides and swell size, but here is an example of a SwellWomen Day:
- 6:00am Meditation & Beach Yoga warm-up
- 6:30am Early breakfast
- 7:00am Depart for surf lesson
- 9:30am Late breakfast
- 10:30 Nap in a pool chair, enjoy a massage
- 11:30am Yoga & Journal work
- 12:45 Lunch
- 1:30pm Depart for Day Tour 1, Boat trip to snorkelling on uninhabited Island OR time to free surf using the resorts boats OR rent a scooter and explore the island, or take another nap!
- 6:00pm appetizers, drinks, watch the beautiful sunset
- 7:00pm Dinner
The schedule may change according to surf conditions, destination or other events that may be added to your surf and wellness package. Do you need to participate in everything? We are here to provide many options for you to choose from. If you opt to relax by the pool the entire day or choose to participate in only one activity per day, you will be supported in that decision. It’s your surf and yoga retreat, and we are here to accommodate you in whatever choice brings you the highest bliss.
For as long as Chris can remember, she has had a passion for exercise, health and fitness. As a Sydney native she also loves to travel; especially when there are physical activities involved. After attending two retreats with SwellWomen, she was hooked not only to surfing, but our offering. So, it made perfect sense for her to join our SwellBliss Team as Trip Leader allowing her to share her gifts with like-minded women. In 1993 Chris swapped her late nights in the Advertising Industry for early mornings in the Fitness Industry, she found it to be a seamless transition as she…
Learn more about Chris Ritchie ~ Trip Leader
Hildi, a registered Yoga Teacher certified by the Yoga Alliance, is from Norway and has been living in Rote, Indonesia since 1998 with her husband and learnt to surf on the island. She has been doing yoga for about 15 years and specializes in Restorative and Yin Yoga for surfers. She is also a Level 1 & 2 Reiki practitioner. When she is not teaching yoga on the beautiful island of Rote, where she is based 8 months of the year, you will find her in Europe on her snowboard. She loves keeping fit and active and believes that nature…
Learn more about Hildi Guiney ~ Yoga Instructor