Bali ~ Women’s Empowerment Retreat: Brain-Mind-Body Connections
With Lulu Agan ~ Chief Officer of Bliss, Dr. Sherri Hayden, PH.D., R.PSYCH, CYA-RYT250 and Chris Ritchie ~ Trip Leader
October 18 - 24, 2020
Join us for an exciting opportunity to expand your understanding of Brain-Mind-Body connections with Dr. Sherri Hayden!
Bali is consistently voted in the top best islands in the world. It is the dream destination for many, and the epitome of the tropical island idyll. Bali has it all, the hustle and bustle of the city streets combined with an array of natural and spiritual beauty.
Our beautifully appointed retreat villa is located in the heart of vibrant Canggu, with convenient access to all that this bustling beach town has to offer. The villa is completely hidden away, our own private sanctuary in the middle of it all. Inside the towering privacy walls, you will discover your own paradise oasis for the week, with its 18m pool, separate BBQ area, TV room, library, massage spa & yoga studio, it offers many wonderful spaces, nestled in every area of the estate, where you can sit, relax or mingle as the mood takes you.
Your day will start with either a movement practice or surf lesson to get you glowing from the inside out followed by a delicious breakfast for the queens you are. After breakfast, you’ll have free time to adventure out, explore, indulge in spa treatments, lounge by the pool, or do whatever your heart desires. Each afternoon we will gather for your Brain-Mind-Body workshops with Wellness Coaching, Meditation, and Restorative Yoga.
Topics to be covered in your Brain-Mind-Body journey towards wellness and empowerment include:
• Understanding how women’s brain and hormonal systems uniquely impact your life experiences and function (i.e, such as memory/cognition, behavior, and mood). This information will be presented in an accessible way to empower your future, long after the retreat.
• Learning about how stress and fear may be experienced by women specific to their brain and unique hormonal systems. Know how to use this understanding to move forward with your own hopes, dreams, and passions.
• Understanding the role of sleep and social interactions in women’s brain-mind-body wellness and how to make positive changes in these areas to enhance well-being.
• Learning why and how food, as well as exercise, can profoundly impact the women’s brain and hormonal systems.
These workshops are uniquely designed to empower women in developing their own personalized optimal brain health wellness plan with the support of Dr. Hayden & Wellness & Lifestyle Coach Lulu Agan.
Book your bliss today & get ready for an amazing week-long retreat with two dynamic women that will educate and empower you to lead your best life!
Your Boutique Retreat in Bali Includes:
- Six glorious nights in our stunning villa with a private pool and lush gardens
- Daily breakfast buffet fit for a queen
- 3 x traditional Balinese dinners with remaining nights free allowing you to explore the abundance of Canggu restaurants right outside our door
- The choice of a morning movement class that focuses on opening and strengthening the muscle groups and getting your glow on or a daily surf lesson. (Guest’s choice – 5 sessions included)
- Our Brain-Body -Mind Empowerment Program includes:
- 2 x 50-minute private consultations (pre-retreat / at-retreat) with Dr. Sherri Hayden to assess where you are at in order to create your personalized wellness plan
- 2 x 50-minute post-retreat sessions with Coach Lulu who will support and guide you with executing your wellness plan
- 4 x 60-minute Brain-Mind-Body workshops
- Daily afternoon meditation & restorative yoga
- Spa Day at our favorite spa
- Swag Bag
- Roundtrip airport transportation.
A Very Swell Sample Day
How do we fit so much into one day? By taking care of all the details so that you can truly enjoy your holiday.
- 7:30 am Movement Class or Surf Lesson
- 9:30 am Breakfast Buffet
- 10:30-4:00 pm Enjoy free time, excursions, shopping, lounging by the pool, spa treatments, or finding your bliss in any way you know how
- 4:00 pm Brain-Mind-Body Workshops, Meditation & Restorative Yoga
- 6:30 pm Group dinner inside the villa or free evening out.
The schedule may change or other inclusions may be added to your wellness package. Do you need to participate in everything? Not at all! We are here to provide many options for you to choose from. If you opt to relax by the pool the entire day or choose to participate in only one activity per day, you will be supported in that decision. It’s your wellness retreat and we are here to accommodate you in whatever choice brings you the highest bliss.
“Courage doesn’t mean you don’t get afraid. Courage means you don’t let fear stop you.” – Bethany Hamilton Surfing, yoga, cooking and wellness: these 4 passions are what lead Lulu Agan, globe-trotting surfer and yogini, to SwellWomen which launched in 2003. Having spent more than a decade as a Private Chef and more recently getting certified as a Health & Wellness Coach with the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, Lulu cultivates a great knowledge and enthusiasm for top-quality cuisine that promotes glowing health, from the inside out. As a supportive mentor and wellness authority, she works with clients to help them…
Learn more about Lulu Agan ~ Chief Officer of Bliss
Dr. Hayden is a Clinical Neuropsychologist and Clinical Assistant Professor with the Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, at the University of British Columbia. Since 1993, Dr. Hayden has worked at UBC Hospital (Clinic for Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Disorders) and is the Founder/Director of the NeuroHealth Clinic (http://www.neurohealthclinic.ca) providing assessment and care for patients with neuro-cognitive issues related to neurodegenerative disorders, traumatic brain injury, chemotherapy, cerebrovascular factors, and psychiatric issues. Dr. Hayden has completed the AFMCP certificate through the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM). She is also a member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM). In addition,…
Learn more about Dr. Sherri Hayden, PH.D., R.PSYCH, CYA-RYT250
For as long as Chris can remember, she has had a passion for exercise, health, and fitness. As a Sydney native she also loves to travel; especially when there are physical activities involved. After attending two retreats with SwellWomen, she was hooked not only to surfing but our retreat offering. So, it made perfect sense for her to join our SwellBliss Team as Trip Leader allowing her to share her gifts with like-minded women. In 1993 Chris swapped her late nights in the Advertising Industry for early mornings in the Fitness Industry, she found it to be a seamless transition as…
Learn more about Chris Ritchie ~ Trip Leader